It is very common now days for a person to have anxiety disorder that also suffers from depression and maybe even vice versa!
Nearly ½ the people who are diagnosed with depression are also then diagnosed with an anxiety disorder!
So it is very important that we help others as much as we can so it doesn’t spread!
This article is for the audience, because I notice this everywhere and all the time.
So I hope you learn from this and improve or help others to improve!
I will help you to reduce anxiety and depression with and without dieting.
These are serious matters at hand and can save a life if not lives!
So help each other!
The ADAA also known as the Anxiety and Depression Association of America released some statistics about anxiety and depression:
Top Facts and Statistics: Anxiety
Anxiety disorders impact 40,000,000+ adults that are the age of 18 and above in the United States of America!
- This mean anxiety disorders impact 18.1% of the General Population (G.P.) every single year!
- Anxiety disorders are the most experienced mental illness in the United States of America!
- Anxiety disorders are highly cureable, however only 36.9% of those who suffer receive treatment!
- People who have an anxiety disorder are 3 – 5 times more likely to go to the doctor!
- People who have an anxiety disorder are 6 times more likely to be hospitalized for psychiatric disorders than others who don’t suffer from anxiety disorders!
- Anxiety disorders evolve from a complex combination of risk factors; which include: genetics, brain chemistry, personality, and life events!
World Nutrition Data on Depression and Anxiety
Depression is the leading cause of disability throughout the globe!
- ~75% the people who have mental disorders stay untreated in developing countries with nearly 1,000,000 people that take their life every year!
- WHO also known as World Health Organization states that 1 out of 13 people are suffering world wide from anxiety disorders!
- WHO reports that anxiety disorders are the leading mental disorders globally with specific fears also known as phobias, major depressive disorder and social phobia being the leading anxiety disorder!
Ways to diminish Depression and Anxiety WITHOUT diet?
Stress and Relaxation Methodologies:
- Relaxation methodologies may create humbling short term loss of anxiety in people with persisting health problems.
- These methodologies have also been scientifically proven to be useful and beneficial for older adults with anxiety as well!
- Rumination, Introspection, and Meditation! (most only know as “meditation”)
- Scientific studies plus evidence has suggestion that rumination, introspection, and meditation is vital and useful for reducing anxiety and depression in adults!
- This fuses posture building, breathing exercise/strengthening, meditation, and a distinct philosophy
- One of the TOP 10 practices of CAM also known as “Complementary and Alternative Medicine.”
- May also mitigate and ease the anxiety and depression!
How does diet boost mental health?
Your brain is greedy and it is very needy! What does your brain need?
- tremendous amounts of energy to function properly and to produce neurotransmitters which are chemicals that send communication throughout your entire nervous system!
Without the proper amount of energy or the right amount of nutrition, your brain will not get what it needs!
In fact, studies suggest that a diet that consists of: nutrient-sparse processed foods; could increase your chances of becoming depressed by a crazy amount as up to 60%!
“Nutrient deficiencies,” have been linked to often look as if they are mental health problems!
Ways to diminish Depression and Anxiety WITH diet?
We are all growing!
Nutrition may promote neuroplasticity, which is the capacity of the brain to develop and change throughout life, something Western science once thought impossible!
Our brains use nutrients to create brain-extracted neurotrophic factor, or BDNF, which is a protein that is vital and essential for the central nervous system!
Studies suggest that BDNF could support neuroplasticity; which is also known as the brain’s capability to adapt, rewire/improve itself and grow!
This is very beneficial when it comes to recovery from a trauma and mental illness!
Nutrients linked to better brain health!:
- Omega 3 fatty acids can be obtained from fish, nuts, seeds, algae oil: Omega-3 fatty acids provide building blocks for healthy brain development and function; have potential role in preventing everything from ADHD to Alzheimer’s.
- B vitamins can be obtained from meat, eggs, seafood, green leafy vegetables, legumes and whole grains: Studies have shown that a deficiency in B vitamins (particularly B12) can be linked to depression; supplementing with B12, B6 and folic acid improved subjects’ response to antidepressant medication
- Vitamin D can be obtained from sun exposure; fortified breakfast cereals, breads, juices, and milk: Vitamin D is required for brain development and function. Deficiency of vitamin D can be associated with depression and other mood disorders!
- Selenium can be obtained from cod, Brazil nuts, walnuts, and poultry: Selenium is an essential mineral, meaning that Selenium can only be obtained from food. Among its various roles, selenium works with other nutrients to create antioxidant balance in our body’s cell structure. Many studies have shown a link between low selenium and depression.
- Tryptophan can be obtained from protein sources including turkey, beef, eggs, some dairy products, dark, and leafy greens: Tryptophan is the forerunner to serotonin and an amino acid! It is not well understood, but low tryptophan will cause depression within some people who have taken antidepressants.
Now if by chance you want to focus on particularly just the nutrients and/or explore possible deficiencies; it would be in your best interest to do so with a trusted health professional like a registered dietician, nutritionist or doctor trained in functional medicine.
Otherwise I recommend trying your best with intaking foods for your nutrients so you don’t overload!
Unless you know what you are looking for and you know what you are needing in order to supplement; in which case do as you please! Just be safe and cautious to not hurt yourself, but to only better yourself!
Take care of yourself!
You MUST limit Alcohol, Caffeine, Sugar, and Processed Food consumption when you are depressed and/or anxious!
- These factors will only worsen your symptoms!
Take a moment to just breathe.
Take a moment to just step outside, get some fresh air, close your eyes, and soak up some sunshine!
- It isn’t a coincidence that depression is associated with darkness!
Do not be afraid to ask others for help!
- This could be anything or anyone that helps you for the better sake of yourself!
- Ex: doctors, health practictioners, friends, family, trainers, and even pets
Get up and MOVE!
- Depression doesn’t want you moving!
Be yourself and voice yourself! Let it out!
- Talk, write, and even draw about what and how you are feeling!
- Don’t hold it in!
Thank You for Reading!
Once again thank you for reading my content and I hope that if anything that I have bestowed upon you, the reader, as well as the audience with information, knowledge and wisdom to better yourself and even others if you so feel and see fit!
Please know that you are not alone and that you are loved!
Be safe and have a great day!
Until next time,
Joshua – CPT, CSN, Online Entrepreneur